Google

Monday, December 17, 2007

Its a small world

Today I came to Mangalore from Bangalore on the newly started Mangalore Express and had an interesting event worth a mention.

I got into the train at Bangalore city (8:50 PM) and was seated in the empty compartment when a very pretty lady arrived. You might recollect a Rexona ad a few years back when a journalist is trying to interview a "young and pretty" designer about her work and also about her being pretty, when suddenly a kid comes running and says "Mummy" !! The journalist is shocked. "Aapki tvacha se aapki umar ka pata hee nahi chalta!". That is exactly what happened to me when two kids followed this lady into the compartment.

But this is the lesser interesting part of the story. There were two kids - elder son in class 3 and a very cute daughter called Anna who was possibly in kindergarten. I instantly felt that I know Anna, but then I thought so many kids look so familiar!! I had a good time playing with the kids for almost an hour before we all went to sleep.

In the morning, we just had a bit of a chat and were all eagerly waiting for the train to reach Mangalore. The lady and the kids were supposed to get down at Kankanadi (now known as Mangalore Junction) and I helped them to get their luggage down. The father of the kids was there to receive them. They were in a hurry - he said thanks and they left. Instantly, it stuck me that I have seen the father also but could not remember where!!

Flashback: Suddenly I recollect my trip on the Mangalore-Madgaon passenger on 20 July on my way to Miraj. I had my grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousins with me. I was moving around the "almost" empty compartment with my 2 year old cousin sister in my arms as she was getting bored. Suddenly she saw a man with his daughter and the two kids smiled at each other. I got into a small conversation with the father, and then I moved on. I met them again when we alighted from the train.

Yes, that was Anna and her father. I had the whole jigsaw fall into place. I thought I will tell them about this, but they were almost gone. I rushed out of the train, only to see them leaving from the exit - but Anna's mother turned back just in time & waved me a final goodbye.

Interestingly, I always tend to forget faces & names but this time somehow I recollected - but only a bit late. I don't know if I will ever meet them again, but will always carry with me memories this wonderful co-incidence. The world indeed, is very small!!

No comments: