Google

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hum to chale pardes

Hmm .. This had to happen but I didn't expect it so soon. When I got the VISA in October, I was thinking (read:hoping) that something should work out by April/May. I had seen so many people waiting even longer for the onsite opportunity. In addition, I had my MBA plans and I knew things will be clear (whether I am doing MBA in 2008 or not) by April.

But fate had other plans!! Hardly two weeks from my VISA, I got a call from Hyderabad saying I would need to travel onsite by November first week. But that opportunity vanished into thin air as quick as it came. So I went off home on a two week vacation. I had decided that if an onsite opportunity happens before CAT, I won't write it. But again, different plans!! I was told about the new project just 2 days before CAT and things were not yet final! So off I went to B'lore for CAT and then to Hyderabad for training on the new project. Once there, I was told of the onsite plans - I was to fly in December end.

So here I am - literally flying on "December end" - 31st Dec. The assignment is supposed to be for 1 year. And the twist in my tale - CAT was pretty good this time! My analysis shows I am very likely to get calls. And by the time results come in Jan first week, I will be in Houston. So if I indeed get calls, I'll have to come back to India for the calls, go back to Houston, and IF things work out well, come back for the MBA! Too much too soon and too quick!! Best part of it - if MBA works out, great. But even if it doesn't, no complaints!!

As of now I am very excited about going. Everyone in the family is thrilled. All relatives are happy. Getting attention everywhere. Feels gooooood!! Hoping to have a great time there, even if it is a short stay! Will keep you posted :).

1 comment:

EveryLetterCounts said...

it appears that you are more excited than a person who has fallen in love...enjoy the trip and make sure you write a blog on nasha ;) at houston.