Google

Sunday, November 25, 2007

OSO

I know I am late at this one, but couldn't help it. I had almost dropped the idea of writing about it but when I saw it the second time on Friday, I thought I had to!! For those who are still wondering what I am talking about, its Om Shanti Om !!

People's responses to this movie are extreme - either they are amazed or they are utterly disappointed. I belong to the first category, and happily so. And believe me, the second category is very minuscule - that's proved by the fact that it has grossed Rs. 40 crore in India and around $5m abroad in a short duration. Its a complete entertainer from minute 1. The whole thing is so well thought out and well made. You can start talking about what you liked about it and you'll get lost. Listing a few of my favourites, and not in that order:
1. The shooting of the Tamil movie - excellent - "Muniyadaar Muniyadaar .. Yenna rascala!!"
2. The old style song where Deepika dances with digital forms of Sunil Dutt, Rajesh Khanna and Jeetendra. Neat.
3. Using technicians as actors - dialogue writer, music director, director, etc.
4. Digs at Manoj Kumar, Dev Anand, Sooraj Barjatya, etc.
5. Return of the Khiladi - though it is copied, isn't it wonderfully made?
6. The awards show with special 'self-mocking' roles for Abhishek Bachchan and Hrithik as well as SRK himself.
7. Usage of the name OK for Om Kapoor - Ok, that's not something great but i mention it because me and my roomies have a nice story to laugh off about OK :).
8. Deliberate over-acting by Kirron Kher.
9. Karz and Subhash Ghai.
10. King Khan of course - he just rocks.
11. The absolutely stunning Deepika - I saw OSO the second time for her!! And everyone (guys) I meet seems to have fallen in love with her!!

I know I have forgotten some!! Readers can add to the list. Anyway, a very good entertainer. Farah Khan has truly arrived as a director who delivers no-brains entertainment. For those who are yet to see it, what are you waiting for?? Rush to the nearest theatre NOW!!

No comments: