Google

Friday, October 05, 2007

Heyy Jonny

After tring since 3-4 days, I finally saw Johnny Gaddaar yesterday. Please note, I DO NOT intend to write a review, simply writing about it because i liked it !!

It seems straight from a Chase novel, but is executed very well. Hats off to Sriram Raghavan for a very good job. Quiet a few times you feel you can predict what happens next - but lot of times you are proved wrong. The story is gripping and keeps you hooked till the very end.

The movie has great casting. The actors picked for almost each role are perfect. Niel Mukesh as Johnny in his debut movie is wonderful. I don't know how well he can keep up this show. But he's a refreshing new actor, reminded me of Hrithik in Kaho Na Pyaar Hai.

Dharmendra & Vinay Pathak deserve a special mention for an excellent portrayal of their roles. I did not think Vinay Pathak will ever come out of the 'Bheja Fry' mode, but he surprised me. Dharmendra is still going strong, in a role which is tailor made for him. I do not know the name of the guy who played Shardul, but he also put in a wonderful performance.

The title sequence is very innovative, reminding us of movies in the 70s. Thrillers were forgotten for some time but this movie has rejuvenated the genre. I hope we will see more of these. Especially in an age when there is no time to read an entire novel ;).

I am in a hurry, so I will stop here. Last word: Its a must watch. Enjoy :)

No comments: